We’re looking for the industry’s best resume-writing professionals to join our team.
Remote-based. Must be physically located in the U.S., but cannot reside in California.
We’re looking for exceptional resume writers to join our team. We’re a 100% remote-based business helping individuals during transitional periods in their professional careers. As a member of our resume writing team, you’ll write resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, and other career-related documents. You’ll also have the opportunity to provide personalized application assistance, interview preparation, and other career consulting services.
About the job:
- You’ll have your own company email address (email@example.com).
- You’ll interact directly with customers. Interaction is done via email, but some packages that customers order involve phone calls.
- You’re able to set up a new phone number that works with all smart phones to call and/or text customers.
- You’ll have access to resources to help you, including resume examples / templates, cover letter examples / templates, email templates, and support from other writers and TopStack staff.
- You’ll be added to our corporate Slack account, which is essentially a group chat program, where you can chat with all team members.
Here are some characteristics of people that would fit well with our company:
- You want recurring, consistent work that gives you a high degree of flexibility. When customers place orders, the order information goes onto our job board. You request the jobs you want, when you’re available. You are not assigned work.
- You can work with a lot of autonomy. We provide general guidelines and advice on how to interact with customers and write resumes, but you have a lot of discretion and are encouraged to find a process that makes you the most effective and efficient with your time.
- You can build relationships with customers over email. Most of the interaction you do with customers will likely be via email. Building a level of trust will give customers confidence during what is typically an uncertain transitional period in their careers. The best writers not only produce effective resumes & other documents, but they do it in a way that gives the customer confidence.
- You have experience with resume writing, career counseling, career coaching, and/or hiring.
HOURS / COMMITMENT
Hours are highly flexible. Generally speaking, we are looking for writers that can do 20+ resumes per month (the more, the merrier). That said, there is not a requirement. Our writers request jobs that are available based on their interest and availability to fulfill them.
All resume writers are considered independent contracts. We offer competitive rates, but we don’t currently post them publicly. We will reach out to qualified applicants with a rate schedule.
IMPORTANT: Our business collects payment from customers AFTER the work is complete. This is unique for companies that offer resume writing services, and it’s attractive to customers who are generally a bit wary about working with a resume writer remotely. Payments to our writing team only happen AFTER the customer has paid. Hence, it’s really important to have a good customer relationship, as it yields to very high payment rates and a high level of customer satisfaction. Situations where writers complete a resume and a customer doesn’t pay are rare, and we have some safeguards and processes in place to prevent that from happening.
Payments are made every week, on Monday, for all work completed and paid for by 11:59pm EST Sunday. Payments are made via PayPal (easy and free to sign up if you don’t have an account).
The #1 thing we look at when reviewing applications are resume samples. You should attach 2-3 samples in your application. They don’t need to be your resume, and they don’t even need to be real. You can change / hide any confidential information, or you can create completely hypothetical resumes from your imagination. We mostly want to see how the resume is worded, formatted, presented, etc. It’s probably best to save them as PDFs when attaching them to ensure your formatting doesn’t change when downloaded. Experience as a resume writer in the industry is also a major plus.